Friday, October 31, 2014

{Cake}

You can't have your cake and eat it too...isn't that what happened last night to me? I had the cake and then it was gone.  At work today I shared with my wonderful co-worker how my husband ate THE cake. She asked if he would go and replace it and I said nah..he won't. One he's extremely busy at work and I'm not sure he even knows where the Bonbonerie is. So that was that.

I got home today with the 'MOMMYON' van loaded down. I had my two and my little six-month-old niece in the third row. I decided why not bring her home with us since my sister and brother-in-law were coming over to our house for Halloween.   It was fun having a third with us. I'm certainly on the fence on having a third...that's another topic for another day. 

So as I was quickly sorting and putting away all the bags we had, Aaron walked in the door and don't you know he had a Bonbonerie box in his hand...seriously???!! I was completely surprised. Aaron is a total sweetheart but this was out of character-this was to me above and beyond.  He's amazing....I wonder how much he's already eaten since he's downstairs and I'm up with the kids
right now! 



Tonight was the first Halloween my kiddos have went out. Last year it was raining so they dressed up and helped man the door for the brave souls that fought the weather. The year before they were just too little.  This year was amazing! They actually understood what Halloween was all about. Landen ran from door to door saying trick-or-treat. It was so cute!! The kids in our neighborhood were so sweet saying, "Hi Thomas, Hi Jake!" A couple kids even gave candy out of their bags to our kids small buckets. My heart melted-there are good kids still left in this world! 

We partied back at our house and had pizza with my parents, sis and brother-in-law. We watched Charlie Brown and just played and counted candy.  It's a night of memories I'm so thankful for. I love being around family as well as my neighbors. I love the connection I feel. We are certainly not alone in this world and its so nice to have one another. 


It's way past bedtime and Landen and Caroline are certainly fighting it! With the sounds of trains blowing their horns and a glass of red wine with cider spice (you have to try it!) And a hubby and cake waiting for me downstairs, I couldn't ask for a better way for my Friday night and evening to end. 

I hope you all had a wonderful evening of trick-or-treating with your children. I am so thankful the weather held off in our part of town or there would have been some bummed little ones.  I'm off to check out  all of the adorable Halloween pics on social media-cheers!

Keep Calm and Mommy On!

Xoxoxoxo
Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment