Wednesday, October 8, 2014

History Lesson/Special Announcement

It's the beginning to a nice long weekend. We had our YOLO meal and snuggled up with the kids. Unfortunately my little love bug, Caroline, was complaining it was cold. As I'm wrapping blankets around her I notice her skin is far from cold but extremely warm. Sure enough this momma is starting the long weekend with a sick one. I'm guessing it's a little virus. She has no other symptoms. Here is hoping this passes.

Have you ever wondered where the whole "Keep Calm and..." Came from? I did. Believe it or not, if you didn't already know, it comes from back around WW II. Here is what Wiki has to say about it: 


Keep Calm and Carry On


This article is about the poster. For the Stereophonics album, see Keep Calm and Carry On (album).

The original 1939 Keep Calm and Carry On poster
Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for the Second World War. The poster was intended to raise the morale of the British public, threatened with widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.[1][2] Although 2.45 million copies were printed, and although the Blitz happened, the poster was never publicly displayed and was little known about until a copy was rediscovered in 2000. It has since been re-issued by a number of private companies, and has been used as the decorative theme for a range of products.[3]
It was thought that only two original copies survived until a collection of 20 was brought in to the Antiques Roadshow in 2012 by the daughter of an ex-Royal Observer Corps member.[4]
----------
The Special Announcement-
So if you only are reading this because you think I am announcing I'm pregnant, I'm sorry to tell you yes I am crazy but not THAT crazy!  Through this blog, I hope to make you laugh and hopefully at times can give you some inspiration on days parenting is just down right rough. I love learning from other moms and enjoy hearing how they are successful at both being a parent and at work.  I hope one or both ideas are appealing to you. I am going to be hosting *Guest Bloggers* who are moms in various capacities.  Our first guest blogger will be a lovely lady named Chrissie Blatt. She has kindly agreed to share about herself and her business {cbc}. She is very talented and I look forward to having her guest blog!  Please be sure to visit her Facebook Page  (https://www.facebook.com/chrissieblattcreative) and check back for her post! 

Keep Calm and Mommy On! 
Xoxoxo 
Danielle 





"Your]

No comments:

Post a Comment