Saturday, October 18, 2014

'Picture Perfect'

You know how you watch a family movie and everything is 'picture perfect.'  It's really hard to have a 'picture perfect ' moment or event with two-year-old twins,  but this afternoon was 'perfect' in my books. My parents have always been amazing at making things especially nice for us kids. Traditions have been in place for years and they go above and beyond to make a good time for us! 


Now when the twins were first born, my sister insisted we go to the pumpkin patch and come back and watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. She started this fun tradition that is now three years old.  So, today we took our trip to the pumpkin patch. Like a real one where your daughter can pick a green pumpkin because it's still on the vine and your son can watch a combine drive by.  

Right before we left the house I checked the weather and don't you know it's supposed to start raining-like soon!  I thought our trip was doomed. I didn't want my niece to miss out on her first visit to the patch or be rained on. Everything ended up going great. 

It sprinkled but just enough to make it fun and watching the kids pick a pumpkin and really understand it, made it SO exciting and fun. They got to see chickens, eat candies with Paw Paw and just breathe in the fresh air. It was wonderful. Afterwards we came back to the house, got comfy, ate pizza, and painted/carved pumpkins. It was truly picture perfect in my mind.

I am so thankful for my sister starting this tradition and that everyone continues to participate-it wouldn't be fun without them. What traditions do you have as a family? What tradition could you begin? If you don't have any strong family traditions I encourage you to begin. It gives us time with our family together as well as lasting memories.  

Keep Calm and Mommy On!

Xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment