Sunday, October 12, 2014

Be Shrewd. Be Compassionate. Be Honest.

I have to begin by saying I never expected to get such wonderful messages about this blog or the amount of views in a week of blogging. Like I mentioned in my first blog, this is a fun hobby for me. I by no means think I am the only person in the world that has had these experiences, but for me they are new. I am always going to feel like a new parent because I have yet to fully raise one. So until that happens, I'm still experiencing the firsts of many things.  This blog is intended to be candid-good,bad and the ugly.  I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to reach out and inspire me as well as share helpful advice where I have needed it.  My hope is we, as moms-experienced and new, can help build up one another and be a positive support system.  Thank you for reading! 



Today was a beautiful day and mostly relaxing. Aaron and I made a plan for the day last night by the fire. We had a heart-to-heart that really helped me feel better. It's so important we as parents take the time to check-in and connect. So this morning around 6:30 Landen greeted us with turning the light switch on and off in our room. We got to cuddle drink coffee and have a nice breakfast before getting ready for church. I had some last minute 'busy bag' ideas that I quickly put together and actually had time to shave both of my legs. 

We actually arrived early to church, played around the courthouse to burn some energy and then headed in. We had front row seats which were wonderful for my nieces baptism ( which was lovely) but it made me nervous as heck being in the traditional service. Every peep seemed to echo and I couldn't help but wonder how far Caroline's 'I didi it!!' traveled. So they both made it practically to the end of the service.  Caroline opened an art studio on the pew and was making cards with stickers like crazy. She ate through a bag of grapes, some goldfish, and at the end a special homemade cookie.  

Landen was super. He quietly hung out with Mimi and Pops. At the end he was squirrely but stickers satisfied him as well. I heard most of the message today, jotted some things down that I want to meditate on.  It was wonderful seeing my church family. Even though we haven't been there in awhile, everyone loved on us and took the time to say hello. That is one reason I love our church so much. It's never cold...always filled with warm hearted people. 

Something I learned today from church- Be Shrewd. Be compassionate. Be honest. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week!  Keep Calm and Mommy On! 

Xoxoxo
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment