Monday, December 1, 2014

{Temper Tantrums}

Cyber Monday. As a Mom, days like today have become life changing! There is  nothing like being able to shop online paired with awesome steals and coupons.  I really can't imagine enjoying Christmas shopping with the kids. Standing in line, dragging kicking and screaming hungry children into one last place does not spell Christmas cheer-at least in my mind. To my parents who took us shopping when we were young-you're a saint.

Tantrums. Around here, they come and they go.
For a short period of time (that felt like an eternity) Caroline would throw some RaNdOm temper tantrums. They were more or less annoying and deafening to the ears. Landen has always been pretty easy going with some moments here and there that his sister usually instigated. But now, he has begun throwing some tantrums. But this time I came up with an idea to put an end to these moments.

A few weeks back I had a discussion at work centered around children not being aware of their expressions and that maybe if they were aware, they would better understand how it made those around them feel.   This conversation popped in my mind one day while Landen and Caroline were in the bath tub.  Caroline of course did something to annoy Landen and he started the 'ugly' cry at high decibels.   I grabbed my make-up mirror out of the cabinet behind me and I set it on the side of the tub to show him his face.

The results were awesome. He froze for a split second and then busted out laughing.  Seeing that it worked once, I tried this 'mirror' trick several times and it works every time for him. If I don't have a mirror I just show him himself on my phone-something I'll always have with me.  Now the real trick will be to see if  this trick will work out in public-Not that I'm hoping for a memorable moment like that to happen!

What types of tricks do you have to solve our BIG Mommy problems that occur throughout your day? Share by commenting below! I'm willing to try anything once-and usually twice out of desperation!

Keep Calm and Mommy On!

xoxoxo
Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment