Thursday, March 26, 2015

{Why I Don't Have a Desk}

Before kids, I used a desk and up until this past December I had one I never used. It was actually more of a safety hazard because the one drawer it had was more or less a catch all. The layer of dust and random objects thrown upon it left it looking like an eye sore...so away it went.

I had a delimia though. Where was I going to keep stamps, pens, envelopes, coupons etc. that was convienient for when I needed to pay a few bills. I'm not sure about you, but my kitchen drawers are full-they probably could be de cluttered but who wants to take up valuable kitchen space with office supplies? Plus I needed a quick fix! 

My girlfriend sent me an awesome Thirty-One gift that has fixed my problems and I was able to store things out of sight by hanging it behind the basement door-but centrally located! 
At this point in time it's not the most presentable but hey, this is real life not a Thirty-One catalog picture!  For the past three months this has worked as a perfect out of sight office for me! It's durable and I love how I can label the pockets (that are actually really deep!). 

With this working so beautifully, I decided to take one of the kids organizers they received for traveling and try using it for the millions of markers, crayons, paints, screw drivers and batteries that have been rolling around. 

This has become grand central station for the twins' supplies and its out of reach! This is stored on the inside of our basement door-again centrally located and not taking up valuable drawer space that they would likely get into! Nobody needs paint or markers on the walls!

How do keep organized?! I'd love to know! Please post your clever ways to share with me and other mommas!

No comments:

Post a Comment