Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dark Circles, Wrinkle Cream & "Where is Caroline?"



My week can pretty much be summed up by three things: dark circles, wrinkle cream & "Where is Caroline?! " When Landen and Caroline were babies, the were the best sleepers! I knew back then there would come a time where Aaron and I would experience days and nights of pure exhaustion-duh! We read the 'parenting' books!

Honestly, it doesn't bother me too much there are rough nights-there is nothing coffee can't get me through. By the end of the week, like tonight, I'm beginning to feel the affects of those middle of the night wake up calls. This morning I was standing at the bathroom sink taking off some leftover eye-liner that had made me look alive the previous day, and I continued to wipe and wipe under my eyes. I even got a clean cotton pad with make-up remover and it wasn't coming off! Then I realized it wasn't make-up and it wasn't going to come off! It was just dark circles- thank G-d for concealer.  Just like stretch mark after pregnancy, dark circles are another badge of parenting. On!!


This year I'll be turning thirty and unlike some people, I'm super excited-I feel like my life is like a bottle of wine-it just gets better with age. Did your parents ever say to you, " with age comes privilege?" I heard it often growing up and I garunteed you I will be saying it to Landen and Caroline.  Back when I was a kid (oh my! I am getting old) those earned  privileges were fun to gain but now my recent 'privilege' is night cream and eye cream-not as exciting as taking out the family mustang or an extended curfew.  Wether or not I need the creams, I have to say they feel amazing, now to see if they work!  I have a hunch the next thing will be grey hair and Caroline may just be the one to give them to me! 
Caroline has been running off on me and Landen is a slow poke- MOST of the time.  This makes it really difficult when you're standing in a parking lot and Caroline takes off down the front of the cars in snow and ice. Did I mention we were on a hill above a busy road!  Needless to say my trusty partner, Landen, who listens,  stood safely on the curb and watched me chase her down. Moments like these often times gives me the best ideas! I'm wearing a backpack on the days they go to school! That way I have two free hands to hold on tight to both of them-not ready for leashes yet...I dont think I can do it mostly because one of the two would take off on me while I was strapping the other one down!

I have to say, being kept on my toes makes parenting a lot of fun. I hope through the dark circles, creams, and chaos you fellow Mommas are able to enjoy the 'privileges' we have earned and Mommy 

Xoxoxoxox

Danielle 







No comments:

Post a Comment